Gatekeeper Suicide Prevention Workshop
17 February @ 9:00 am - 18 February @ 4:00 pm
Gatekeeper Suicide Prevention is a two day workshop designed for professionals
and para-professionals in the human services whose roles bring them into regular
contact with people at risk of suicide.
This workshop aims to help participants:
• Gain an understanding of the problem of suicide
• Identify suicide risk
• Provide a framework for risk assessment and intervention
• Develop appropriate intervention skills
• Understand the limits to confidentiality
• Understand the importance of consultation
• Gain an understanding of self-harming behavior
• Gain an understanding of the link between mental disorders and suicidal
• Understand the importance of postvention
Note: Participants need to be aware that the workshop is intense and demanding.
They are encouraged to consider the potential emotional impact (on themselves)
DATE: 17 & 18 February 2022 – Attendance on both days is essential
COMPLETED REGISTRATION FORM TO BE SENT TO Elizabeth.Lockyer@health.wa.gov.au
For a copy of registration form please contact Sarah and I can forward to you.