- This event has passed.
Mental Health Commission Training…..Geraldton….23rd – 24th February 2021
23 February @ 9:00 am - 24 February @ 4:30 pm
Valuable conversations: Applying TICP and MI to alcohol use during pregnancy
The Valuable Conversations training covers the following:
- Reflective practice to identify areas of practice that require development for improved client
engagement and outcomes.
- Trauma Informed Care and Practice (TICP) to consider the broader context in which alcohol
use may be occuring.
- Motivational Interviewing (MI) to develop compassion, acceptance, partnership and
evocation (Spirit of MI).
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) prevention in the context of the National Strategic
Action Plan and a holistic prevention framework.
- Brief Intervention (BI) to combine course content with skills practice using the AUDIT-C and
This is not an introductory course to FASD and does not provide information on FASD diagnosis
Training dates and locations for Semester 1, 2021
- Geraldton: 23 – 24 February
- Bunbury: 16 – 17 March
- Karratha: 4 – 5 May